10 reasons to support 20 for 20
10 reasons to support 20 for 20
If you haven’t heard by now, Dynamo defender Geoff Cameron is raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as part of his 20 for 20 campaign. Although Cameron is raising money for the cause, he is also part of the Man and Woman of the Year competition. Each year, the man and woman who raises the most amount of money is named the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Man and Woman of the Year.
If you haven’t donated to Cameron’s campaign yet, there is still time. If you are on the fence about donating, I’m here to provide you ten reasons why I think you should get off that fence and donate to the cause.
- Cancer sucks. We all know someone who has had it or currently has it and we all wish there was a cure. Raising this money will bring us one step closer to finding a cure.
- Geoff Cameron off the field. Since the Dynamo drafted Cameron in 2008, he has been a model person and a great representation of what the Dynamo stand for. He regularly visits patients at local area hospitals and last year, he raised $20,000 for The Fisher House and The Ronald McDonald House.
- Geoff Cameron on the field. Two-time all-star. Finalists for Defender and Rookie of the Year. 2011 Dynamo Golden Boot winner. Need I say more? For the past five years, Cameron has given his all for the club and for the fans and now it’s our turn to help repay the favor.
- Dynamo Charities. Each year, Dynamo Charities raises money to help fund various projects in Houston that promote healthy lifestyle and the sport of soccer. It is a staple to the Dynamo’s commitment to remain a partner to the Houston community. Dynamo Charities already made a contribution to Cameron’s campaign, and so should you.
- Winning tradition. For the past two years, the Dynamo have won the Man of the Year competition. In 2010, it was Rocky Harris who raised the most money. Last year, it was Danny Cruz. Let’s not let the tradition die.
- Clint Dempsey. The man known simply as “Deuce” donated an autographed jersey to be auctioned off for Cameron’s campaign. If a man who is scoring goals left and right for Fulham thinks this is a good cause, shouldn’t you?
- Tim DaPonte. Tim is the motivation behind Geoff wanting to raise this money. He is a former youth soccer teammate of Cameron’s and a very close friend. Tim was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma in 2011 and has been battling the disease for the past year. You can help Tim by supporting Geoff.
- Celebrity Pour. Interested in donating to the cause and having fun while doing it? You can come out to Cameron’s celebrity pour on Wednesday, April 18 at Bar Munich. Cameron and his teammates will be serving drinks and all tips will benefit his campaign. Come out and have a beer (or some water!) and have fun while supporting a great cause!
- Because Sarah Pepper said so. The HOT 95.7 morning emcee is a candidate for Woman of the Year and has teamed up with Geoff for the celebrity pour. What you doing at the courthouse? More like what aren’t you doing at Wednesday’s celebrity pour?
- Because you want me to stop listing reasons. Trust me, I could go all day and night if I needed to tell you why I think you should support this campaign, but I promise to spare you all and leave you with this…
No donation is too small and every dollar counts toward helping Cameron reach his goal and helping the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society reach their goals. For more information about Cameron’s campaign and to see the various ways you can participate, please visit HoustonDynamo.com/20for20.