Another week, another shutout, and another MLS Save of the Week nomination for Tyler Deric. This time it's for his stop on Quincy Amarikwa's acrobatic volley attempt, which Deric dove to get his fingertips on and tip around the post.
You know the drill by now, click here to vote and make sure you do it by 11:59 p.m. PT on Thursday night (1:59 a.m. on Friday morning for us CT folks).
Boniek García got on the scoresheet for the second time this year and did so with class. His volley to clinch the win against Chicago on Sunday capped a pretty team move with a cross from Kofi Sarkodie and a centering header from Brad Davis, and it's earned a nomination for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week.
Boniek is up against two Seattle Sounders players and two LA Galaxy players, so he should win in a landslide because everyone love Boniek and just look at his smile and what a great kick and he celebrates by going to his family and he's just the best.
You can vote for the Smiling Catracho (nobody calls him this) by clicking here. Voting ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Thursday (that's 1:59 a.m. on Friday for CT). Get your vote on.
Giles Barnes, David Horst, Tyler Deric and Brad Davis break down Sunday's win over Chicago.
Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear and midfielder Boniek García address the media following Sunday's win.
The Dynamo and Philadelphia Union played to a 0-0 draw on Saturday at PPL Park. Below are some milestones and notes from the game:
- It was Brad Davis’ 332nd career MLS regular-season game. He is tied with Andy Williams for 12th on the MLS all-time games list. With his next appearance, Davis will equal Chris Klein for 11th.
- It was also Davis’s 290th career MLS regular season start to tie C.J. Brown, Jon Busch and Chris Klein for 17th on the MLS all-time starts list.
- It was Ricardo Clark’s 194th career game in all competitions with the Dynamo to tie Corey Ashe for fourth on the club list.
- It was Tyler Deric’s second career MLS regular-season shutout and first since Oct. 16, 2010, a 1-0 win at San Jose.
- It was David Horst’s 25th regular season appearance and start this season as he reached 25 games and starts for the first time in his MLS career.
Steph talks FIFA 15, Sunday's match against Chicago, and watches Ching ride a bike.
Dominic Kinnear, David Horst and AJ Cochran break down Sunday's match against the Chicago Fire