Dynamo Academy Mission Statement
To provide a professional soccer learning environment where players can strive to fulfill their full potential. To produce MLS-standard players and young men capable of being successful in a non-professional soccer environment. Opportunities only available to Academy players include:
- Playing for the Houston Dynamo
- Coaching, evaluations, and direct personal contact with Dynamo first team coaches
- Training with the first team
- Play competitive games in Robertson Stadium
- Performance training at Plex
- Playing international professional teams
- Going from high school / college to the Dynamo
- Schoolwork tutoring for all Academy players
United States Soccer Federation Development Academy
- The Dynamo Academy will field competitive U-18 and U-16 teams in the USSF Development Academy league
- Players must be born after January 1, 1993 (U-18) and after January 1, 1995 (U-16) for the 2011-12 season
- Academy teams will train year-round, four times per week (Monday-Thursday).
- Players will be allowed to play high school soccer
- Players will not be allowed to play for their old club team (new players will be able to play out the current season with their club team)
- Only 16 players will travel when flying; 18 players will travel when driving
- The program will be fully funded. There will be no training fee, no game fee, no hotel costs, and no transportation fee
- Non-USSF Development Academy event (international travel, Dallas Cup, etc.) costs will be players' responsibility
- All food will be the players' responsibility
The playing schedule will be released each August. It will be a schedule of at least 30 games running from September-June, with playoffs in June. We will play in the Texas Division of the Central Conference and participate in two showcase tournaments (one fall, one spring).
Youth Development players will try to follow in the footsteps of Tyler Deric, the first Dynamo Academy player ever to sign with the first team.