Match Preview: Dynamo vs. NE Revolution
Houston Dynamo at New England Revolution
Saturday, May 19, 6:30 p.m. CT
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
All-time series: New England leads 6-2-4 (New England leads 2-1-3 at home)
KPRC Local 2 - 6 p.m. (Comcast: SD=12 HD=612; AT&T U-Verse: SD= 2 HD=1002; DirecTV: 2; Dish Network: 2)
SportsTalk 790 - 6 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 - 6 p.m.
It’s a rematch of one of the more pitched rivalries over the past few years, when the New England Revolution play host to the Houston Dynamo on Saturday evening at Gillette Stadium. MLS Cup Final opponents for back-to-back years, the teams are tied in the middle of the Eastern Conference pack. The Revs are coming off a 4-1 home win against Vancouver Whitecaps FC, while the Dynamo finally opened their new home stadium, playing to a scoreless draw with the Portland Timbers at midweek.
Baldomero Toledo. SAR (bench): Fabio Tovar; JAR (opposite): Marlene Duffy; 4th: Jose Carlos Rivero MLS Career: 133 games; FC/gm: 25.0; Y/gm: 3.5; R: 48; pens: 49
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM
NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION – OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); DF Flo Lechner (R foot fifth metatarsal fracture); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); FW Jeremiah White (concussion); DOUBTFUL: MF Clyde Simms (L ankle tendonitis); QUESTIONABLE: FW Jose Moreno (R calf strain); MF Kelyn Rowe (L hamstring strain); PROBABLE: MF Ryan Guy (R calf stiffness) ... HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain); DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
- ALL-TIME (12 meetings): Revolution 6 wins, 16 goals ... Dynamo 2 wins, 10 goals ... Ties 4
- AT NEW ENGLAND (6 meetings): Revolution 2 wins, 9 goals ... Dynamo 1 win, 7 goals ... Ties 3
- RETURN MATCH: 9/29: Houston Dynamo vs. New England Revolution, 7:30 p.m. CT
- LAST YEAR (MLS): 4/17: HOU 1, NE 0 (Freeman 86) 8/17: NE 1, HOU 1 (Cochrane 4 – Boswell 90)
- The Dynamo’s 1-0 win last year in the final meeting between the clubs at Robertson Stadium was their first- ever home win vs. New England.
- After a 1-1 draw in the first meeting in Houston, the Revolution won their next four trips to face the Dynamo.
- The teams have played for three cups. They met in back-to-back MLS Cup Finals in 2006 and 2007, the Dynamo winning on both occasions (on penalty kicks in MLS Cup 2006; 2-1 in MLS Cup 2007).
- They also met in the 2008 SuperLiga final (won by New England on penalties).
- Coaches record: Jay Heaps vs. HOU: first game ... Dominic Kinnear vs. NE: P12 W2 L6 T4
Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear and midfielder Adam Moffat discuss Saturday's match