Match Preview: Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact
Houston Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact
Saturday, July 21, 7:30 p.m. CT
BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas
All-time series: Montreal leads 1-0-0
Dynamo 360 - 5 p.m. (30 min.)
KPRC Local 2 - 7 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 - 7 p.m.
SportsTalk 790 - 7 p.m.
The Houston Dynamo and Montréal Impact meet for the second time this season in a crucial match for both clubs in the Eastern Conference. The Dynamo finish off their homestand after extended their overall undefeated run to five games at midweek, in a 2-1 win against Sporting KC. The Impact hit the road after a buoying victory, defeating New England 2- 1, also at midweek. Montréal claimed a 4-2 win in the first meeting between the clubs a month ago.
David Gantar. SAR (bench): Adam Garner; JAR (opposite): Scott Kachmarik; 4th: Armando Villarreal MLS Career: 10 games; FC/gm: 27.1; Y/gm: 3.6; R: 6; pens: 1
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM (As of Friday, June 29)
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- HOUSTON DYNAMO -- QUESTIONABLE: MF Adam Moffat (R adductor strain) ... MONTREAL IMPACT – OUT: DF Matteo Ferrari (R quad strain); DF Nelson Rivas (abdomen); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear); FW Andrew Wenger (L hamstring strain)
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: None
- ALL-TIME (1 meeting): Dynamo 0 wins, 2 goals ... Impact 1 win, 4 goals ... Ties 0
- FUTURE MATCH: 10/6: Houston Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact, 7:30 p.m. CT
- The teams are meeting for the second time in less than a month. Davy Arnaud had a goal and an assist and Felipe set up two more as the Impact posted a 4-2 win June 23 at Stade Saputo.
- Coaches record: Dominic Kinnear vs. MTL: P1 W0 L1 T0 ... Jesse Marsch vs. HOU: P1 W1 L0 T0
- LAST MEETING (MLS): 6/23: MTL 4, HOU 2 (Nyassi 4; Arnaud 21; Camara 60; Bernier 67 – Davis 16; Bruin 45)
- The Impact led after just four minutes. Felipe released Sanna Nyassi into space behind the Houston defense, and as he tried to round Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall, he stumbled and fell but had time to lift his head and see the ball somehow trickle into the empty net.
- The Dynamo were level, though, in the 16th minute after Patrice Bernier tripped Colin Clark on the edge of the box. From the free kick, Brad Davis unleashed a left footed curler towards the top right corner which Donovan Ricketts could not fully stop.
- Yet five minutes later the Impact were back in front. Jeb Brovsky released Justin Mapp on the left of the box, where he crossed towards Davy Arnaud who outjumped Corey Ashe to nod the ball home.
- But just before halftime the score was again level. Brian Ching played an exquisite through ball and Will Bruin lashed it home from inside the area.
- The Impact came out after the break by winning a long series of corner kick, one of which produced the eventual winner as Hassoun Camara volleyed home at the back post.
- The Dynamo's Geoff Cameron then conceded a penalty which Bernier duly converted to make it 4-2 in the 67th minute. The visitors ended the game a man short after Adam Moffat was shown a straight red card for a rough foul on Felipe in the 73rd minute.
- MONTREAL IMPACT (4-2-3-1): Donovan Ricketts - Zarek Valentin, Nelson Rivas (Shavar Thomas 62), Hassoun Camara, Jeb Brovsky - Patrice Bernier, Collen Warner - Davy Arnaud (Sinisa Ubiparipovic 88), Felipe Martins, Justin Mapp - Sanna Nyassi (Eduardo Sebrango 88).
- HOUSTON DYNAMO (4-4-2): Tally Hall - Andre Hainault, Geoff Cameron, Bobby Boswell, Corey Ashe - Colin Clark (Brian Ownby 62), Adam Moffat (sent off 73), Je-Vaughn Watson (Luiz Camargo 51), Brad Davis - Will Bruin, Brian Ching (Warren Creavalle 81).