Houston Dynamo milestones from Tuesday's 2-1 win over Árabe Unido
The Houston Dynamo defeated Árabe Unido of Panama, 2-1, in Champions League group play on Tuesday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Here is a look at milestones reached by Dynamo players this weekend, including several from veteran left back Corey Ashe:
- Corey Ashe earned his seventh career international assist to move to first on the club list, passing Brian Ching and Brad Davis (6 each). It was also Ashe’s 22nd career assist in all competitions to pass Dwayne De Rosario for fourth on the franchise list..
- Ashe’s night of milestones included his 163rd career start in all competitions with the Dynamo. He passed Ching and tied Brian Mullan for fifth on the club list. Ashe also played 90 minutes to reach 15,037 career minutes in all competitions, passing Ching (14,960) for fourth on the franchise chart.
- Finally, it was Ashe’s 30th career international game to pass Mullan for second on the club list. Ching is the franchise leader with 32 games.
- Tally Hall made his 122nd career appearance in all competitions with Houston to tie Stuart Holden for 12th on the franchise list.
- Bobby Boswell made his 28th international appearance with the Dynamo to pass Wade Barrett for fourth on the club list. It was also Boswell’s 23rd career international start to pass Ching and tie Ricardo Clark for third.
- It was Davis’ sixth assist in international competition with Houston. He is tied with Ching for second on the club list, trailing Ashe (7).
- Cam Weaver scored his third career goal against Árabe Unido. He also scored against the Panama club on Sept. 22, 2009, with Ashe also assisting on the goal.
- Weaver now has five international goals in his Dynamo career and is tied with De Rosario for third on the franchise list. Ching and Holden are tied for the most with six.
The Dynamo return home to host the New York Red Bulls on Sunday, Sept. 8 at BBVA Compass Stadium (4 p.m. kickoff). Click here for tickets.