Houston Dynamo milestones: Will Bruin passes Dwayne De Rosario with 25th career goal
The Houston Dynamo drew with the New England Revolution, 1-1, on Saturday at Gillette Stadium. Here are the milestones reached by Dynamo players in Saturday’s game:
- Will Bruin’s equalizing goal was his 25th career regular season goal, passing Dwayne De Rosario for third on the franchise list. Bruin now has one more goal and assist than the Dynamo legend. In August, we noted how similar Bruin and De Rosario’s statistics are over three years in Houston. Bruin is eight goals away from Brad Davis, who is second on the club list with 33 goals.
- Boniek Garcia assisted on Bruin's goal for his 11th career regular season assist to tie De Rosario for tenth on the franchise list. With his next assist, Garcia could tie Ricardo Clark and Bruin (12 each) for eighth on the club chart.
- Saturday was Bobby Boswell’s 250th career regular season start. It was also Boswell’s 224th game in all competitions with the Dynamo to tie Brian Ching for third on franchise list.
- It was Ricardo Clark’s 175th game in all competitions with the Dynamo. He is sixth on the club list and will tie Brian Mullan (184 games) with nine more appearances.
- Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall (9,156 career regular season minutes) surpassed Geoff Cameron (9,148) for eighth on the franchise list. Hall is 1,848 minutes away from passing Mullan on the club list.
Bonus note: Bruin recorded his seventh assist of the season on Sept. 21 against Chivas USA. Bruin's seven assists are the most in a single season ever by a Dynamo player outside of Brad Davis. Two other players have recorded six assists in a season: Boniek Garcia in 2012 and Geoff Cameron in 2009. But no player outside of Davis and Bruin has recorded seven in a season.