Houston Dynamo player milestones and notes from Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The Dynamo fell to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday at BC Place for their first defeat of the seaon. Below are some milestones and notes from the game:
- Ricardo Clark scored in the second half for his first goal of the season and the 20th regular season goal in his MLS career.
- Brad Davis assisted on Clark’s goal for his 100th career assist in all competitions with the Dynamo to become the first Houston player to reach 100.
- It was also Davis’ 102nd career regular season assist to surpass Marco Etcheverry and tie Jaime Moreno for fifth on the MLS all-time assist list. Davis is 10 assists behind Preki for fourth on the list.
- It was Davis’ 275th career game in all competitions with the Dynamo, the most in franchise history.
- It was Davis’ 250th career start in all competitions with Houston.
- It was Davis’ 316th career MLS regular season game to pass Carey Talley for 16th on the MLS all-time games list. Davis will equal Chris Henderson (317) for 15th on the list with his next appearance.
- It was Clark’s 225th career game regular season game.
- It was also Clark’s 136th career regular season start with Houston to tie Pat Onstad for fourth on the club list.
- It was Jermaine Taylor’s 75th career start in all competitions with the Dynamo.
- It was Kofi Sarkodie’s 50th career regular season start.
The Dynamo host Texas rivals FC Dallas on Saturday at BBVA Compass Stadium in the lone 2014 edition of the Texas derby, presented by Novo Nordisk. Click here or call 713-276-GOAL for tickets.