Houston Dynamo player milestones and notes from Friday’s 2-0 win over Philadelphia
The Dynamo defeated the Philadelphia Union, 2-0, on Friday for their second win in three games. Below are some milestones and notes from the game:
- Will Bruin scored the winning goal early in the second half for his fifth game-winning goal of the season. He is tied with Jermain Defoe, Dom Dwyer and Gyasi Zardes for the most in MLS this season.
- It was Bruin’s ninth goal of the season to surpass his total from last regular season. Bruin is three goals shy of his career high, 12, set in 2012.
- It was also Bruin's third goal in his last four games.
- Giles Barnes assisted on Bruin’s goal for his ninth career regular season assist with the Dynamo to pass Dominic Oduro for 12th on the club list.
- It was also Barnes’s fifth assist this season to set a career-high in his third MLS season.
- Brad Davis also earned an assist on Bruin’s goal for his team-leading sixth assist of the year.
- It was Tally Hall’s 128th career regular season start with the Dynamo to pass Brian Mullan for sixth on the club list.
- Bruin (8,696 career MLS regular season minutes) surpassed Wade Barrett (8,673) for 11th on the franchise list.
- Boniek Garcia (5,044 career MLS regular season minutes) played 89 minutes to surpass 5,000 career minutes.
- Kofi Sarkodie (6,197 career MLS regular season minutes) passed Craig Waibel (6,189) for 17th on the franchise list.
- It was Jermaine Taylor’s 81st career regular season start with the Dynamo to pass Richard Mulrooney for 14th on the club list.
- The Dynamo are unbeaten in five straight games against Philadelphia, with four wins and one tie since their last loss to the Union in September 2012.