If you are anything like myself, then you are definitely enjoying the new Fantasy MLS game. I've decided that I'm going to start offering up some fantasy tips for Dynamo fans out there playing the game.
The first question on everyone's mind this week is whether or not Luiz Camargo will start vs. the San Jose Earthquakes. The short answer to that question is: I don't know. The longer answer is that Dominic Kinnear has a system and as long as his team is winning, he has been known to stick with the same team. After last week's 1-0 win at Chivas USA, it would not surprise me to see the same 11 players start the game. With that said, the Dynamo are a better team with Camargo on the field, so as long as he is 90-minutes fit, Kinnear might give him the nod. My recommendation would be to sit Camargo for another week and see how things play out.
Here are some other key statistics from past matchups between the Dynamo and the Earthquakes:
- Brad Davis has 3 goals and 4 assists in 9 careers matches vs. San Jose
- Brian Ching has 3 goals in 5 career matches vs. San Jose
- The Dynamo have a 65-39 edge over San Jose on corner kicks. Could that be an opportunity for a Geoff Cameron, Bobby Boswell or Andre Hainault to steal a goal from their defensive position?
- Earthquakes midfielder Khari Stephenson has 2 goals in 4 matches vs. the Dynamo
- Believe it or not, forward Chris Wondolowski has played 3 games against his former club, attempted 6 shots but has never scored
- Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch has played 4 career games vs. the Dynamo. He has a 2-2 record, has allowed four goals for a paltry 1.00 GAA.
I know this isn't a lot, but each week I'll try to give you a brief rundown of how Dynamo players have fared against the upcoming opposition and vice versa.
Hope this helps and good luck this week!