Houston Dynamo at Vancouver Whitecaps
Sunday, June 10, 6 p.m. CT
BC Place, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All-time series: Tied 1-1-0
KBME 790 - 5:30 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 - 5:30 p.m.
MultiMedios Houston - 5:30 p.m.
FOX Sports Houston - 6 p.m. (Comcast: SD = 37 HD = 637; AT&T U-Verse: SD= 755 HD=1755; DirecTV: 678; Dish Network: 441)
The only league encounter in Week 14 of the MLS season will take place in British Columbia, as Vancouver Whitecaps FC play host to the Houston Dynamo at BC Place. Whitecaps FC are coming off back-to-back road draws in the Cascadia Cup, again netting a late goal for a 1-1 tie in Portland two weeks ago. The Dynamo are coming off a victory in a rematch of MLS Cup 2011, a 2-1 defeat of the LA Galaxy that maintained their unbeaten home league record.
Ramon Hernandez. SAR (bench): Fabio Tovar; JAR (opposite): Jeff Hosking; 4th: Yader Reyes MLS Career: 34 games; FC/gm: 28.5; Y/gm: 4.4; R: 7; pens: 9
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM (As of Friday, June 8)
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); DF Alex Dixon (concussion); GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain); QUESTIONABLE: FW Will Bruin (concussion) ... VANCOUVER WHITECAPS – OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery) ...
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: VAN: Michael Boxall (New Zealand) ... HOU: Geoff Cameron (USA); Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica); André Hainault (Canada)
- ALL-TIME (2 meetings): Whitecaps FC 1 win, 2 goals ... Dynamo 1 win, 3 goals ... Ties 0
- AT VANCOUVER (1 meeting): Whitecaps FC 1 win, 1 goal ... Dynamo 0 wins, 0 goals ... Ties 0
- LAST YEAR 4/10: HOU 3, VAN 1 (Weaver 37; Boswell 42; Bruin 76 – Camilo 38) 8/27: VAN 1, HOU 0 (Salinas 86)
- This is the only league meeting between the clubs this season.
- The teams split their meetings in Whitecaps FC’s inaugural MLS season.
- Vancouver won 1-0 at Empire Field on Aug. 27, after the Dynamo took a 3-1 win in Houston on Aug. 10.
- Coaches record: Dominic Kinnear v VAN: P2 W1 L1 D0 ... Martin Rennie vs. HOU: first game