Houston Dynamo at Colorado Rapids
Saturday, October 27, 8 p.m. CT
Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO.
Fox Sports Houston Plus - 8 p.m. (DirecTV 680 / HD 680-1, Dish Network 445 / HD9515, AT&T U-Verse 692 / HD 1692, Comcast 110)
MultiMedios Houston - 7:30 p.m.
SportsTalk 790 7:30 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 - 7:30 p.m.
The Colorado Rapids conclude their 2012 season when they play host to the Houston Dynamo on Saturday evening at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in a game that could have huge implications for the visitors. The Rapids are coming off a 2-0 win at Chivas USA in their final away match last weekend. The Dynamo enter the weekend in fifth place in the Eastern Conference, but could rise as high as third with a win and favorable results earlier Saturday afternoon, following a 3-1 win vs. Philadelphia last weekend to conclude an undefeated campaign on their home ground.
REFEREE: Hilario Grajeda. AR1 (bench): Chris Strickland; AR2 (opposite): Baboucarr Jallow; 4th: Yader Reyes MLS Career: 75 games; FC/gm: 24.5; Y/gm: 3.6; R: 14; pens: 11
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM (As of Tuesday, October 23)
- COLORADO RAPIDS – OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion); GK Matt Pickens (R adductor strain); MF Brian Mullan (L knee scope); QUESTIONABLE: MF Shane O’Neill (L orbital fracture [possible]); PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness); FW Tony Cascio (L ankle sprain); MF Jeff Larentowicz (L groin tightness); FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness) …
- HOUSTON DYNAMO – NONE REPORTED
SUSPENDED: COL: Tyson Wahl (caution accumulation; through Oct. 28)
FINED NEXT YELLOW CARD: COL: Jeff Larentowicz, Tyson Wahl … HOU: Bobby Boswell
ALL-TIME (16 meetings): Rapids 5 wins, 19 goals … Dynamo 7 wins, 23 goals … Ties 4
AT COLORADO (9 meetings): Rapids 4 wins, 8 goals … Dynamo 3 wins, 7 goals … Ties 2
LAST YEAR (MLS): 5/4: HOU 1, COL 2 (Clark 71 – Smith 74; Palguta 84); 7/3: COL 0, HOU 0
• This is the only meeting this season between the teams.
• The Rapids have a five-game undefeated streak alive against Houston. Since a 1-0 Dynamo win April 19, 2009 at Robertson Stadium, Colorado has won three of the five meetings, with two draws.
• The Rapids haven’t lost to the Dynamo at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park since a 3-1 Houston victory in 2008.
• Coaches record: Oscar Pareja vs. HOU: first game … Dominic Kinnear vs. COL: P24 W11 L6 D7