The Houston Dynamo and Mega TV (KTBU) announced a partnership today to make the station the Dynamo's official Spanish-language TV partner for the 2013 season. The deal gives the Dynamo one of the most comprehensive broadcasting platforms across MLS.
With Gow Media (1560 AM and 97.5 FM) on board for English radio, Liberman (850 AM) on board for Spanish radio and CSN Houston and KPRC Local 2 on board for English TV, there are now numerous avenues for Dynamo fans to follow their favorite team throughout the season.
So who is Mega TV? We're glad you asked!
- KTBU began broadcasting on July 15, 1998 and was originally owned by Humanity Interested Media
- After a series of ownership changes, it was purchased by Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc., the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media company in the United States, in May 2011
- Mega TV currently reaches more than 5 million households with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution on an HD signal
- Mega TV has full distrubution in the Houston DMA.
- Mega TV has a daily news show called Portada that airs every night from 10-11. The show will include news/highlights about the Dynamo, with new episodes airing every Tuesday and Thursday.