Join us on Saturday, December 1 at Houston Sports Park for the inaugural Dynamo Cascarita 4v4 Tournament and Festival, driven by your Houston Area Ford Dealers! Put your team together for this free tournament, and bring out your friends and family for a whole day of fun! Houston Sports Park will open at 7 a.m. for check-in, first games will be played at 9 a.m.
¡Acompáñenos el sábado, 1ro de diciembre en el Houston Sports Park para el torneo 4v4 y festival inaugural, Dynamo Cascarita, manejado por sus concesionarios Ford de Houston! ¡Junte su equipo para ser parte de este torneo gratis y traiga a toda su familia para un día de diversión!
FREE 4v4 TOURNAMENT – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Please be sure to review all tournament rules before participation, available here.
Every player (or guardian of player if the participant is under 18) must complete and sign a waiver. The Team Roster Waiver form can be found here. No player will be allowed to participate without a completed waiver.
FREE FESTIVAL – NO RSVP NEEDED
Bring your family and friends to enjoy the FREE festival including:
- FIFA Gaming Stations and "We Heart Houston" inflatable
- Snow fields
- Live DJ
- Photo opportunities with the U.S. Open Cup trophy and Santa Diesel
- And more!
Bring unwrapped new toys and books to donate to Toys for Tots!
DIRECTIONS, PARKING AND POLICIES
Houston Sports Park (12131 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77045)
Free Parking will be available in the lot on a first come, first served basis.
Pets and animals are not permitted at Houston Sports Park. Click here for full park rules and regulations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the tournament waiver? Where can I get one?
- Every player (or guardian of a player if the participant is under 18) must complete and sign a waiver. The Team Roster Waiver form can be found here. No player will be allowed to participate without a waiver.
What if it is raining? Is there any weather policy?
- In the case of consistent inclement weather, we will make our best efforts to post an update on HoustonDynamo.com and HoustonSportsPark.com by 2:00 p.m. the day before the event day. We will also make our best efforts to contact team coaches with updates as they become available. If an event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will explore rescheduling options and notify all registered teams. Games will be played in the event of rain but may be suspended at any time at the discretion of the Tournament Director. Games will be played as long as the field remains playable. Tournament may be played on turf field on Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2 in the event the fields are not playable due to inclement weather.
Is there drop-in or on-site registration the day of the event?
- No, all teams must register in advance.
Can I play on two different teams in the same event?
- No, participants are only allowed to play for one team per event.
Do we have to have a coach?
- Yes, every youth and adult team must have a coach. All coaches must be over 18 years of age. In the Adult Coed division, one player may be a coach. The coach will be the main point of contact, represent the team at check-in on the day of the event, and sign off on the final scorecard post match.
What equipment (clothing) does the team need?
- Teams must be prepared to provide matching light & dark colored shirts for each game. Each player MUST wear shin guards.
How many players can I have on the roster?
- The minimum number of players is 4 and the maximum is 7.
Can we change our team name?
- There are no team name changes. The Tournament Director reserves the right change a team name at their discretion. Inappropriate or offensive names will not be permitted.
How much does it cost to play in Cascarita?
- Nothing at all. No gimmicks just a fun competition to finish a great year of soccer in Houston!
What do we get if we win?
- Winning teams may receive a trophy and/or medals when available. The winning team in the adult division may also receive a monetary prize.
How many games are guaranteed?
- The first round consist of a group play format. Due to forfeits, team expulsions and other situations outside of our control, Cascarita cannot guarantee a set number of games. However, most teams can expect to play a minimum of three matches. A predetermined amount of teams (dependent upon number of participating teams) will advance to single elimination playoffs.
When do we get our schedule?
- The tournament will do its best efforts to post and/or e-mail the schedule online at least one day prior to the event.
What time is check-in?
- 7:00 a.m. » Adults Coed, 2008, 2009, 2010 (these groups will kick-off at 9:00 a.m.)
- 8:00 a.m. » 2003-05, 2006, 2007 (these groups will kick-off at 9:40 a.m.)
Where do I check my team in?
- Check-in will be at the check-in tent located at the front main entrance. Each line will be designated for a specific age group to expedite check in process.
What do I need at check-in?
- Completed participant waivers (one for each player), we are suggesting to bring proof of age however it may not be requested upon check-in.
What will I receive at check-in?
- 7 wristbands for you team, 8 Cascarita bags, 8 Cascarita water bottles, field map/assignments
What is the parking situation?
- There is free, first come – first serve parking in the main HSP soccer field lot (Lot B and Lot C).
- There is free, first come – first serve parking on Kirby Dr. and Mowery Rd. (please be mindful of fire hydrants).
- Overhead map and parking information can be found here.
Are there restrooms?
- Yes, temporary restroom units will be available for use throughout the tournament.
Will there be food and water?
- Yes, we will have vendors on site and water hydration stations. You are allowed to bring small coolers for drinks and light snacks inside the facility.
Can I bring my dog or animal?
- We love animals, however, they are not permitted inside the black perimeter fencing of the facility. Registered, leashed and vested Service Dogs are permitted.
Are tents allowed? Where can I place them?
- 10x10 tents are permitted on facility grounds. Small stakes or weighted bags are highly encouraged if setting up on the landscape grass surrounding a field.
- Tents are NOT permitted inside or next to any grass playing field. They must be placed outside the white media lines off of any playing surfaces.
- Tents are permitted on the turf field but not in between mini fields. Tents must be weighed down. You cannot stake into the turf.
- Full map of permitted areas for tents available here.
What field(s) is my team assigned to?
- Tournament schedule will highlight field assignments. Each field will have number identification attached to goals.
Will there be emergency personnel on-site?
- Houston Methodist Athletic Trainers will be on site throughout the course of the event. In the event emergency personnel is needed, they will assist in calling ambulance or firefighter support.
- Security will be present on site.