This morning, MLSsoccer.com unveiled their annual poll to see who are the top 24 players under the age of 24. In 2010, Seattle Sounders striker Fredy Montero earned the No. 1 ranking. Last year, FC Dallas and U.S. men's national team midfielder Brek Shea took home the title.
In previous years, the vote was determined by a select group of panelists. This year, fans will have the opportunity to voice their opinions. The fan vote will count for 10 percent of the ballot. The other 90 percent will derive from the votes of a panel of media members and the MLSsoccer.com editorial staff.
In the first two years of the vote, no Dynamo player saw representation in the top 24. Could this be the first year a Dynamo player breaks through? Eligible Dynamo players include: Will Bruin, Warren Creavalle, Alex Dixon, Erich Marscheider, Brian Ownby, Colin Rolfe, Kofi Sarkodie and Josue Soto.
If you are talking about the contest on Twitter, be sure to use #24U24.
Come on Dynamo fans, let's take to the polls and have your voice be heard!