Houston Dynamo vs. C.D. Guastatoya
Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 7:00 p.m. CT
BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas
Scotiabank Concacaf Champions Round of 16, Leg 2
YahooSports.com – 9:00 p.m. (English)
Yahoo Sports app – 9:00 p.m. (English)
UnivisionDeportes.com – 9:00 p.m. (Español)
Univision Deportes app – 9:00 p.m. (Español)
Univision Deportes Network – Midnight (Delayed)
After surviving a scare in the Concacaf Champions League Round of 16, but ultimately knocking off Guastatoya, 3-1, on aggregate thanks to a late Mauro Manotas brace, the Dynamo are into the quarterfinals for the first time since 2012-13, when they fell to Santos Laguna. Houston are coming off a 1-1 home draw against Real Salt Lake in their MLS opener at BBVA Compass Stadium and now meet a Tigres squad that is atop the Liga MX table and rallied to defeat Saprissa in the Round of 16 following a 1-0 loss in Costa Rica in the opening leg.
- Suspended after next caution: Ronaldo Peña (F), Matías Vera (M)
- Tigres released their list of players who traveled to Houston for the match, which did not include André-Pierre Gignac, Lucas Zelarayán, Javier Aquino, or Jürgen Damm.
- Tigres is coming off of a 3-0 win against Pachuca on Saturday night at El Volcán. They were the beneficiaries of two own goals before Guido Pizarro scored in the 42nd minute for the final scoreline.
- The visitors suffered a 1-0 defeat in their first match of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League against Saprissa, but fired back with a 5-1 win in the home leg led by an Enner Valencia hat trick.
- Tigres currently sit atop the Liga MX table with a 7-1-1 record (22 points), scoring 17 goals in nine games with just six conceded.
- Suspended after next caution: Jesus Dueñas (M)
- Referee: Ivan Arcides Barton (SLV)
- Assistant Referee 1: David Jonathan Moran (SLV)
- Assistant Referee 2: Joseph Chinua Bertrand (TRI)
- 4th Official: Oshane Anthony Nation (JAM)