Houston Dynamo at Chicago Fire
Sunday, April 15, 6 p.m. CT
Toyota Park, Chicago, Ill
All-time series: Dynamo tied 6-3-3 (Houston leads 3-1-2 at Chicago)
Galavision - 6 p.m. (Comcast: 50/HD 650; AT&T Uverse: 3003; DirecTV: 404; Dish: 273)
SportsTalk 790 - 5:30 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 - 5:30 p.m.
The Chicago Fire and Houston Dynamo both return from layoffs when the clubs meet in an intraconference clash Sunday evening at Toyota Park. The Fire come into the game after a week off, their last match a 2-0 loss at the Colorado Rapids. The Dynamo have had two weeks off since suffering their first loss on their season-opening road trip, a 2-0 loss at Seattle Sounders FC.
Geoff Gamble. SAR (bench): Anthony Vasoli; JAR (opposite): Peter Balciunas; 4th: Drew Fischer MLS Career: 9 games; FC/gm: 22.4; Y/gm: 3.4; R: 2; pens: 8
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM
CHICAGO FIRE – OUT: MF Steven Kinney (R posterior tibialis tendinitis); DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus tear); QUESTIONABLE: DF Dan Gargan (L toe sprain) ... HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: MF Brad Davis (L calf strain)
ALL-TIME (12 meetings): Fire 3 wins, 15 goals ... Dynamo 6 wins, 20 goals ... Ties 3 AT CHICAGO (6 meetings): Fire 1 win, 6 goals ... Dynamo 3 wins, 10 goals ... Ties 2 RETURN MATCHES: 7/3: Houston Dynamo vs. Chicago Fire, 7:30 p.m. CT; 9/2: Chicago Fire vs. Houston Dynamo, 6 p.m. CT (Galavision)
LAST YEAR (MLS)
- 4/23: CHI 1, HOU 1 (Chaves 18 – Boswell 83)
- 10/1: HOU 1, CHI 1 (Clark 33 – Oduro 43)
- The teams played to a pair of 1-1 draws in their two meetings last season.
- Houston won on three consecutive visits to Toyota Park from 2007-2009, before the Fire claimed a 2-0 victory in their home fixture in 2010.
- Coaches record: Frank Klopas vs. HOU: P1 W0 L0 D1 ... Dominic Kinnear vs. CHI: P17 W7 L5 D5