Houston Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact
Saturday, October 6, 7:30 p.m. CT
BBVA Compass Stadium
FOX Sports Houston Plus - 7:30 p.m. (DirecTV: SD=680 / HD=680-1; Dish Network: SD=444 / HD=9514; AT&T U-Verse: SD= 691 HD=1691; Comcast =110)
MultiMedios Houston - 7 p.m. (AT&T U-Verse: SD= 691 HD=1691; Comcast =110)
KPRC 950 - 7 p.m.
La Ranchera 850 -7 p.m.
A huge match in the playoff futures for both clubs is ahead when the Houston Dynamo entertain the Montréal Impact on Saturday evening at BBVA Compass Stadium. The Dynamo are holding on to fifth place in the Eastern Conference and the final playoff place, after a 2-0 win against New England last weekend that extended their home unbeaten record. The Impact return to action off a scoreless draw with Sporting KC knowing they cannot afford to lose a single point over their final three games if they are to reach the MLS Cup Playoffs in their expansion season.
REFEREE: Chris Penso. SAR (bench): Jason Cullum; JAR (opposite): Mark Cahen; 4th: Jasen Anno MLS Career: 30 games; FC/gm: 22.1; Y/gm: 2.8; R: 7; pens: 11
INJURY REPORT PRESENTED BY THE METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEM (As of Tuesday, October 2)
- HOUSTON DYNAMO – OUT: MF Brad Davis (L calf strain); PROBABLE: MF Giles Barnes (R quad strain) ...
- MONTREAL IMPACT – OUT: GK Greg Sutton (eye bruise); DF Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear)
SUSPENDED: MTL: Collen Warner (caution accumulation; through Oct. 7)
- SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: HOU: Bobby Boswell
- SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: HOU: Corey Ashe, Calen Carr, Brad Davis, Macoumba Kandji ... MTL: Davy Arnaud, Patrice Bernier, Bernardo Corradi, Sanna Nyassi
- ALL-TIME (2 meetings): Dynamo 1 win, 5 goals ... Impact 1 win, 4 goals ... Ties 0
- AT HOUSTON (1 meeting): Dynamo 1 win, 3 goals ... Impact 0 wins, 0 goals ... Ties 0
- 2012 (MLS): 6/23: MTL 4, HOU 2 (Nyassi 4; Arnaud 21; Camara 60; Bernier 67 – Davis 16; Bruin 45) 7/21: HOU 3, MTL 0 (Kandji 7, 89; Boswell 84)
- The teams are meeting for the third time, after high-scoring affairs in their first two. Davy Arnaud and Patrice Bernier each had a goal and an assist in a 4-2 Impact win, June 23 at Stade Saputo, in their first meeting. A brace from Mac Kandji led the Dynamo to a 3-0 win July 21 in Houston.
- Coaches record: Dominic Kinnear vs. MTL: P2 W1 L1 T0 ... Jesse Marsch vs. HOU: P2 W1 L1 T0
LAST MEETING (MLS):
5/19: NE 2, HOU 2 (Sene 26, 57 -- Bruin 32-- Camargo 87)
- The Dynamo opened the scoring in the seventh minute. Macoumba Kandji received a pass in the area and, after his first shot was parried by Montreal goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts, he found the back of the net when his rebound effort hit both Ricketts and Impact defender Zarek Valentin.
- The Dynamo doubled the lead in the 84th minute when center back Bobby Boswell snapped home a corner kick from second half substitute Brad Davis.
- Kandji capped his brace by streaking down the left side and hitting a powerful right-footed shot into the far upper corner five minutes later.
- HOUSTON DYNAMO (4-3-3): Tally Hall - Andre Hainault, Jermaine Taylor, Bobby Boswell, Corey Ashe - Luiz Camargo (Brad Davis 68), Warren Creavalle, Boniek Garcia - Calen Carr (Je-Vaughn Watson 58), Will Bruin (Brian Ching 82), Macoumba Kandji.
- MONTREAL IMPACT (4-2-3-1): Donovan Ricketts - Zarek Valentin (Karl Ouimette 26), Shavar Thomas, Hassoun Camara, Dennis Iapichino - Collen Warner, Lamar Neagle (Justin Mapp 74) - Davy Arnaud, Felipe Martins, Sanna Nyassi - Marco Di Vaio (Patrice Bernier 61).