Nice find by the golks at Dynamo Theory.
Big congratulations to Ryan Cochrane! He's now the Assistant Coach at Santa Clara. Good luck in your new role! santaclarabroncos.com/sports/m-socce…— Dynamo Theory (@dynamotheory) January 11, 2013
Cochrane enjoyd two stints with the Dynamo, totalling 70 appearances over the course of four seasons. An original member of the Dynamo, Cochrane anchored a back line that won back-to-back MLS Cup championships in 2006 and 2007.
Last season, the Portland native played 26 games for the San Antonio Scorpions of the NASL.
Cochrane is not the first Dynamo original to join the coaching ranks. Here are a list of others who have gone from playing to patrolling the sidelines:
- Former Dynamo captain Wade Barrett retired prior to the 2010 season and is now part of Dominic Kinnear's coaching staff.
- Craig Waibel, a fan favorite for his work on and off the field, is an assistant coach for the University of Washington men's soccer program.
- Longtime MLS vet Eddie Robinson hung up his cleats after the 2011 season and is now head coach of the Houston Dynamo U-16 team.
- Pat Onstad retired following the 2010 season and is now the goalkeepers coach for D.C. United.
- Paul Dalglish, a Scotland native who scored two goals in the 2006 Western Conference final, is now head coach for PDL club Austin Aztex.