The Dynamo defeated the Montreal Impact, 3-2, on Saturday for their third win in four games. Below are some milestones and notes from the game:
- It was Ricardo Clark’s 200th career game in all competitions with the Dynamo. He is the fifth player in club history to reach 200 games (Brad Davis 289; Corey Ashe 263; Bobby Boswell 234; Brian Ching 224).
- Giles Barnes scored his 18th and 19th career goals in all competitions with Houston. He passed Cam Weaver and Clark for sixth on the club list.
- Clark’s game-winning goal was his 18th career goal in all competitions with the Dynamo to pass Weaver for seventh on the franchise list.
- Barnes and Clark both have 16 career MLS regular season goals. The pair passed Stuart Holden and are tied for fifth on the franchise list.
- Clark also played 90 minutes to surpass 20,000 career MLS regular-season minutes (20,048).
- Brad Davis assisted on Clark’s winning goal and now has 110 career MLS regular season assists. He is two assists from equaling Preki (112) for fourth on the MLS all-time list.
- Davis played 83 minutes to surpass 25,000 career regular season minutes (25,005).
- It was also Davis’s 288th career MLS regular season start to tie Matt Reis for 19th on the MLS all-time list.
- Davis took three shots to surpass 500 career MLS regular season shots (502).
- It was Boniek Garcia’s 22nd regular season start this year to set an MLS career-high.
- Midfielder Brian Ownby entered as a substitute for his 25th career MLS regular season appearance.
- Barnes also surpassed 5,000 career MLS regular season minutes (5,019).
- The Dynamo improved to 5-0-1 in six all-time home games against Montreal, including playoffs.
The Dynamo remain at home for a crucial Eastern Conference showdown with the Columbus Crew on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. BBVA Compass Stadium (TICKETS).