The Dynamo opened the final stretch of the 2015 season with an important 2-0 win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Here are milestones and notes from the game:
- Ricardo Clark scored the opening goal for his 25th career goal in all competitions with the Dynamo. He is sixth on the club’s all-time list.
- It was Clark's second game-winner of the season after his opening goal in a 2-0 win at San Jose on July 10. It was Clark's seventh career game-winner.
- It was Clark’s 234th career game in all competitions with Houston to tie Bobby Boswell for third on the club list.
- Midfielder Boniek Garcia entered as a second-half substitute for his 100th career appearance in all competitions with the Dynamo.
- Forward Will Bruin started up front for his 127th career regular-season start to tie Brian Mullan for seventh on the club list.
- Head coach Owen Coyle deployed a 4-4-2 formation with Bruin, Erick "Cubo" Torres and Giles Barnes starting together for the first time.
- Torres made his first start with the Dynamo and earned his first assist, setting up Clark's winning goal with a deft layoff of Sheanon Williams' cross.
- Goalkeeper Tyler Deric made two important first half saves and earned his sixth shutout of the season and tenth clean sheet of his career.
- Williams earned his fourth assist of the season, including his time with Philadelphia. It's the second most assists in one season for Williams, who tallied eight in 2013.