Dynamo head coach Owen Coyle promised changes following last Friday’s 4-1 home defeat to the LA Galaxy. Coyle has made five changes to the lineup, including two Dynamo debuts. Tonight’s match will begin at 6:30 p.m. CDT and can be seen over-the-air on The KUBE, Channel 57 (6:00 p.m. pregame). Here is the starting lineup and bench Coyle has named for tonight’s match:
Starters: Tyler Deric; Sheanon Williams, Raúl Rodríguez, Agus García, DaMarcus Beasley; Andrew Wenger, Collen Warner, Ricardo Clark, Alex Lima, Boniek García; Giles Barnes
Bench: Joe Willis; insert two more, Cristian Maidana, Leonel Miranda, Will Bruin, Erick Torres
- The five changes to the starting lineup are GK Tyler Deric, D Agus García and Sheanon Williams, MF Collen Warner and Boniek García
- Agus García and Collen Warner both make their Houston Dynamo debut in the starting lineup. Agus signed from Albacete in Spain’s Segunda A on January 27 and Warner was acquired in a trade with Toronto FC on March 2
- Four players will make their 2016 season debuts: GK Tyler Deric and D Sheanon Williams, as well as Agus and Warner.
- Barnes will start the game at forward for the first time since May 22, 2015, a 1-0 loss at the LA Galaxy in the 13th game of last season.
- Deric makes his first start of this season after recovering from and abdominal strain suffered in preseason. The Dynamo Academy product made 31 starts last season.
- Williams makes his debut after recovering from a left hamstring strain suffered in preseason. The seven-year MLS veteran appeared in the final 14 last season following his trade from the Philadelphia Union, including 12 starts.
- MF Ricardo Clark will make his 200th career regular-season start with the Dyanmo tonight.
- FW Giles Barnes will make his 100th career regular-season start and ties Geoff Cameron and Andre Hainault for 11th on the club list.