DL_bbvacompassstadium_exterior
USA Today Sports Images

#HOUvTOR Weather Updates

DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER, #HOUvTOR HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL SUNDAY, AUGUST 14 AT 8:15 P.M.

10:07 p.m.: We remain hopeful to get the game played tonight as the league has requested. However, we expect to have a firm decision either way within the next 20 minutes. The latest that we can kick off the game is 11pm CDT. Unfortunately, the lightning that was supposed to have ceased 45 minutes ago continues to persist and cause a safety concern. 

9:50 p.m.: Still waiting on lightning to clear the area.

9:36 p.m.: Still waiting, still intending to play tonight.

9:06 p.m.: Per instruction from Major League Soccer, we will make every effort to play this game tonight. The current weather forecast indicates that is possible. Once the lightning clears and conditions are deemed safe, then we will begin the process of preparing for the game.

8:45 p.m.: Here's the new update, same as the old update.

8:30 p.m.: No change in status, no update on possible start time.

8:15 p.m.: Still no change. Still in weather delay.

8:02 p.m.: No change in status. No update on start time.

7:52 p.m.: No change in status, we are still under a weather delay.

7:36 p.m.: Kickoff will be delayed. No change in stadium status.

7:29 p.m.: Warmups have been delayed. No decision on whether kickoff time is affected.

7:15 p.m.: Seating bowl and field have been cleared due to lightning in the area. Warmups may be delayed. No decision on kickoff time.