- With the loss the Dynamo are now 5-11-10 on the season, with 25 points in 26 matches.
- The Dynamo led at halftime for the ninth time this season. Houston fell to 3-3-3 when leading at the break this season.
- The Dynamo scored first for the 14th time this season and dropped to 5-4-5 when notching the opening goal in a game.
- The Dynamo conceded a penalty for the fifth time this season and for the first time at BBVA Compass Stadium this season. D Raúl Rodríguez was whistled for a handball in the penalty area when a shot hit his hand. MF Mauro Diaz converted the penalty kick in the 59th minute to tie the game.
- Interim head coach Wade Barrett’s record is now 2-4-8 on the Dynamo sideline.
- Houston’s record in the month of August is now 1-2-2 following a 1-1-3 record in July.
- This was the 27th all-time regular season meeting between the clubs and the Dynamo are now 10-9-8 against the FC Dallas, with a 7-4-3 mark at home.
- Despite the loss, the Dynamo regained possession of El Capitán, the 18th-century cannon that goes to the winner of the season series. Houston ended the season series 1-1-1 after defeating Dallas 5-0 in Houston on March 12 and playing to a 1-1 draw in Frisco on June 2. Houston won the season series on goal difference in the regular-season series, outscoring FC Dallas 7-4 in the three meetings.
- Houston has won the season series with FC Dallas in six of 11 seasons all-time.
- Before the game, Dynamo President Chris Canetti and Vice President/General Manager Matt Jordan presented MF Ricardo Clark with a framed jersey featuring the No. 300 in honor of Clark’s 300th career MLS appearance last Friday at San Jose.
- Clark came on as a substitute in the 64th minute, his 267th appearance for the Dynamo, which moved him past D Corey Ashe into second place on the club’s all-time appearance list in all competitions.
- MF Eric Alexander made his first start as a member of the Dynamo (and fifth overall appearance), lining up centrally in the midfield in a 4-1-4-1 formation.
- D Jalil Anibaba made his 150th career appearance in MLS regular-season play, starting at left back.
- D David Horst made his second appearance as a substitute this season when he came on for D Agus in the 42nd minute after Agus left the match with a left knee injury. His previous substitute appearance came April 23 at Columbus when he replaced D Sheanon Williams in the 75th minute.
- MF Alex Lima scored his third goal of the season when he hit the back of the net with a left-footed strike in the 19th minute. Alex has set an MLS career-high with three goals this season.
- The Dynamo paired Spanish defenders Raúl Rodríguez and Agus together at center back for the third time this year in MLS play. The Spaniards also started together on April 23 at Columbus and April 30 at Real Salt Lake.
- MF Andrew Wenger was unavailable for the match after suffering a calf injury in practice on Friday. Wenger was the only player to make an appearance in the first 25 Dynamo games this season before tonight’s absence.