The Houston Dynamo Academy U-18s are slated to take on former Academy members in the annual Dynamo Academy Alumni Cup this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Houston Sports Park.
Academy products playing professionally and in college, including the Dynamo's Christian Lucatero and RGV FC's Memo Rodriguez, Charly Flores, and Leo Ayala, come together once again to take on the Academy U-18s in this yearly, free event.
"It's going to be good. I think we've got a really good alumni team put together this year," said Dynamo director of youth development James Clarkson. "There's a large amount of professional players that are going to be playing in it, so it's going to be a challenge for 18s. It's great to see the guys back from college or from their professional teams, and I think it really highlights the progress that we've made in the Academy."
Dynamo Academy Alumni Roster:
- Leo Ayala (RGV FC)
- Leo Castillo (Texas-Rio Grande Valley)
- Christian Diaz (West Virginia)
- Charly Flores (RGV FC)
- Dauda Gafar
- Rimario Gordon (Marshall)
- Zach Jackson (Tulsa)
- Christian Lucatero (Houston Dynamo)
- Juan Martinez
- Christian Molina (Northern Illinois)
- Alex Ochoa (Texas-Rio Grande Valley)
- Noe Ochoa (Northern Illinois)
- Josue Palomino (Houston Baptist)
- Andy Rios (New Mexico)
- Kevin Rodriguez (Northern Illinois)
- Memo Rodriguez (RGV FC)
- Mason Schuster (North Carolina-Wilmington)
- Fnu Ayukokata Tambe
- Emmanuel Usen (Cal State, Northridge)