- Gave the Dynamo a 1-0-0 record to start the 2018 season.
- Was Houston’s seventh all-time victory on Opening Day and improved the Dynamo’s record on Opening Day to 7-2-4.
- Improved the Dynamo’s record in home openers to 8-1-4 all-time and 6-0-1 at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- Evened the series between the Dynamo and Atlanta United at 1-1-0.
- Was head coach Wilmer Cabrera’s 23rd career win in Major League Soccer and his 14th victory with the Dynamo.
- Improved the Dynamo to 13-1-4 at home under Cabrera in regular-season play.
DYNAMO TEAM NOTES:
- Houston’s four goals in the first half tied the club record for goals in a single period. The Dynamo previously scored four goals in a half on three occasions, most recently on March 13, 2016 vs. FC Dallas.
- The Dynamo scored their first goal of the season in the fifth minute when FW Andrew Wenger tapped home a cross from FW Alberth Elis.
- The Dynamo scored first for the 14th time in 18 games at BBVA Compass Stadium under head coach Wilmer Cabrera.
- The Dynamo have now scored at least two goals in 15 of 18 regular-season home games under head coach Wilmer Cabrera and are 12-0-3 in those games.
- The Dynamo have now scored at least three goals in nine of 18 regular-season home games under head coach Wilmer Cabrera and are 8-0-1.
- The Dynamo led at halftime for the 12th time in 18 home games under head coach Wilmer Cabrera and improved to 11-0-1 in those games.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Chris Seitz; Kevin Garcia, Adolfo Machado, Philippe Senderos, DaMarcus Beasley (C); Eric Alexander, Juan David Cabezas, Boniek García; Alberth Elis, Mauro Manotas, Andrew Wenger
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- FW Andrew Wenger scored in a season opener for the third time in his career and second time with the Dynamo. Wenger also scored on Opening Day in 2016 with the Dynamo and in 2014 for Montreal.
- Wenger was credited with an assist on FW Mauro Manotas’ goal in the 27th minute. It was his fourth career game with a goal and an assist and first since July 22, 2017 at DC United.
- FW Alberth Elis registered his first assist of the season and the fifth of his career when he set up FW Andrew Wenger’s goal in the fifth minute.
- Elis picked up a secondary assist on FW Mauro Manotas’ goal in the 27th minute, giving him his first career multi-assist performance.
- DF Philippe Senderos scored his first goal in Major League Soccer when he headed in a cross from MF Boniek García in the 23rd minute off of a short corner kick.
- Senderos was credited with a secondary assist when his pass to FW Alberth Elis led to FW Andrew Wenger’s goal in the fifth minute.
- Senderos will make his third career regular-season start this afternoon and his first Opening Day start in Major League Soccer.
- FW Mauro Manotas bagged his first goal of the season and the 17th of his career when he put home a rebound in the 27th minute.
- Manotas made his first career start on Opening Day.
- MF Boniek García recorded his first assist of the season and the 322nd of his MLS career when his cross set up DF Philippe Senderos’ headed goal in the 23rd minute.
- MF Eric Alexander recorded his second assist with the Dynamo and the 23rd of his career when he was awarded a secondary assist on DF Philippe Senderos’ goal in the 23rd minute.
- MF Darwin Cerén scored on his debut for the Dynamo when he followed up a deflection and put it into the back of the net in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time. It was Cerén’s third career goal.
- Cerén made his Dynamo debut when he came on for MF Juan David Cabezas in the 15th minute.
- MF Arturo Alvarez made his Dynamo debut and his 238th career appearance in league play when he came on for FW Andrew Wenger in the 68th minute.
- DF Kevin Garcia made his first career start on Opening Day.
- GK Chris Seitz wore the name of his newborn son, Parker Christopher, on the back of his goalkeeper jersey
- Seitz made his first start with the Dynamo and his 97th career start today.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 23rd career appearance in the playoffs when he came in for MF Boniek García in the 75th minute.