- The Dynamo took a franchise-record 15 corner kicks in the match. The previous record was 14 corners attempted in a 3-3 draw with the LA Galaxy on Sept. 27, 2017.
- The Dynamo outshot Vancouver 21-7. The 21 shots were the second-most by the team under head coach Wilmer Cabrera and the most since they had 26 in a 3-3 draw with LA Galaxy on Sept. 27, 2017. It was tied for the sixth-most shot in a game in club history, matching the number from the inaugural game at BBVA Compass Stadium on May 12, 2012.
- Vancouver’s goal in the 28th minute snapped a streak of 355 consecutive minutes in regular-season play without conceding a goal for the Dynamo dating back to Oct. 11, in which Sporting Kansas City MF Jimmy Medranda scored in the 33rd minute of a 2-1 Dynamo victory.
- The Dynamo were tied at halftime for the first time this season. Houston was 1-4-7 last season when tied at intermission.
- The Dynamo dominated possession, holding the ball for 67.2 percent of the match. Houston was 0-5-1 last season when having more of the ball more than the opposition.
- The Dynamo used a different starting lineup from what was used in Game 1. Last year, head coach Wilmer Cabrera used 32 starting lineups in 34 league games, and this makes 34 in 36 for Cabrera.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Chris Seitz; Adolfo Machado, Leonardo, Philippe Senderos, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Eric Alexander, Darwin Cerén; Alberth Elis, Tomás Martínez, Andrew Wenger; Mauro Manotas
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- FW Alberth Elis scored his first goal of the season, and the 11th of his career, when he leveled the game in the 38th minute. This also marks the second year in a row in which Elis scored in the second game of the season.
- Elis made his 28th career appearance and his 20th start today.
- MF Eric Alexander was credited with a secondary assist on FW Alberth Elis’ goal in the 38th minute. It was his second assist of the season and the 24th of his career.
- Alexander has recorded an assist in back-to-back games for the first time since July 4 and 12, 2014 while with the New York Red Bulls.
- Alexander started his 143rd career game and made his 193rd career appearance today.
- MF Tomás Martínez recorded his first assist of the season and the third of his MLS career when he set up FW Alberth Elis for a goal in the 38th minute.
- Martínez made his sixth career start and will play in his 10th MLS game today.
- GK Chris Seitz made his second start of the season and his 98th career start today.
- DF Adolfo Machado made his first in MLS at right back, and the 35th of his MLS career.
- DF Leonardo made his season debut and his 109th career start today.
- DF Philippe Senderos made his fourth career appearance and fourth start this evening.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley made his 186th career appearance and his 174th start today.
- MF Darwin Cerén made his first start for the Dynamo and his 68th career start in MLS.
- FW Andrew Wenger started his 97th career game and played in his 161st game this afternoon.
- FW Mauro Manotas made his 36th career start and appeared in his 66th career game.
- DF Kevin Garcia made his fifth career appearance when he came on for DF Philippe Senderos at halftime.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 24th career appearance and second of the season when he came in for FW Mauro Mantas in the 55th minute.
- MF Arturo Alvarez made his 239th career appearance and second of the season when he came on for MF Tomás Martínez in the 68th minute.