- Dropped Houston’s season record to 5-4-3 on the year and 1-2-3 on the road.
- Moved the all-time record between Houston and Real Salt Lake to 12-9-6 overall and 2-7-5 in Utah.
- Ended a four-game unbeaten streak for the Dynamo against Real Salt Lake.
- Snapped Houston’s three-game unbeaten run and two-game winning streak.
- Houston’s 75th-minute goal was the latest opening score for the team this season. The latest that the Dynamo had found their first goal was in the 48th minute at San Jose, a gam which ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Houston and Real Salt Lake each had 12 shots in the game. It marked the second time this year that Houston had the same number of shots as its opponent and the first time since March 17 at D.C. United. Houston is now 0-1-1 in games where they’ve been even on shots.
- Real Salt Lake has the better of possession, holding the ball for 56.1 percent of the match. It was the eighth time this year that Houston had less of the ball than their opponents, and the team improved to 4-2-2 in those games.
- The Dynamo conceded the opening goal when Real Salt Lake scored in the 34th minute. It marked the fifth time this year that Houston has conceded the opening goal, and they are now 1-3-1 in those games.
- The Dynamo trailed at halftime for the fourth time this season, as Real Salt Lake went into the break ahead 1-0. Houston is now 1-2-1 when trailing at intermission.
- The Dynamo used their 12th different starting combination in 12 games this year. Head Coach Wilmer Cabrera has now used 44 different lineup combinations in 46 games with the club.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Joe Willis; Adam Lundkvist, Leonardo, Jared Watts, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Eric Alexander, Tomás Martínez, Boniek García; Romell Quioto, Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- FW Alberth Elis scored his team-best eighth goal of the year when he headed in a cross in the 75th minute.
- Elis extended his scoring streak to three consecutive games, which is a career-long streak for him.
- Elis has now recorded a goal or an assist in four consecutive games and in 10 of Houston’s 12 games this season.
- Elis made his 38th career appearance and his 30th start, and his 12th start this season. He became the first Dynamo player this season to reach 1,000 minutes played, doing so in the 61st minute.
- FW Romell Quioto recorded his team-best sixth assist of the season when his cross found FW Alberth Elis for a headed goal in the 75th minute.
- Quioto has now recorded a goal or an assist in three consecutive games, which ties a career-long streak. He has done so twice in his career, and once earlier this year (April 21-May 5).
- Quioto made his eighth start of the season and the 22nd of his MLS career.
- DF Adam Lundkvist made his MLS debut, starting at right back and playing the full 90 minutes.
- DF Jared Watts made his Dynamo debut tonight and started his 62nd career MLS regular-season game. He went 45 minutes in his first appearance for the club.
- MF Eric Alexander started his 152nd career game and make his 202nd career appearance.
- MF Arturo Alvarez made his 246th career appearance and his ninth of the year when he came on for FW Mauro Manotas in the 66th minute.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley made his 182nd MLS regular season start and his 94th start for the Dynamo.
- MF Boniek García made his 150th career appearance in Major League Soccer, all of which have come with the Dynamo. He is the seventh player in Dynamo history to play at least 150 league games for the club.
- García made his fifth start and 10th appearance of the year, and his 121st career start.
- DF Kevin Garcia made his fourth appearance of the season, and his first since March 17, when he came on for DF Jared Watts to start the second half.
- MF Luis Gil made his fourth appearance of the season for the Dynamo and the 159th of his career when he came on for MF Tomás Martínez in the 83rd minute.
- Gil, who played 133 games for Real Salt Lake, made his third career appearance against his long-time club, all three of which have come at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- DF Leonardo made his ninth start of the season and his 38th with the Dynamo.
- FW Mauro Manotas made his 46th career start and appeared in his 76th career game.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his 16th career start and played in his 20th MLS game.
- GK Joe Willis made his seventh start of the season and his 64th career MLS regular season start.