- Moved Houston’s record to 6-6-3 on the season overall and 1-4-3 on the road.
- Gave the Dynamo a 2-4-2 record against MLS Western Conference opponents this season.
- Moved Houston’s all-time record against Sporting Kansas City to 10-6-12 overall and 4-3-7 in Kansas City.
- The goal scored by FW Mauro Manotas in the second minute was the earliest scored by the Dynamo this season, bettering a third-minute goal by Manotas in a 5-1 win over Toronto FC on April 21.
- Houston has now taken the lead in six of its eight away games this season.
- The Dynamo have scored two or more goals in 10 of their 15 games this season and in five of their eight away matches.
- The Dynamo bagged the game’s first goal when FW Mauro Manotas scored off of a Sporting KC turnover in the second minute. It was the ninth time this season that Houston scored the game’s opening goal, and they are now 5-2-2 in those games.
- The Dynamo led Sporting Kansas City 2-0 at halftime. It was the fifth time this season that Houston has led at intermission, and the Dynamo are now 3-1-1 in those games.
- The Dynamo used their 15th different starting lineup combination in 15 games this season. Head coach Wilmer Cabrera has used 47 different lineups in 49 games on the Dynamo sideline.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Joe Willis; Adam Lundkvist, Alejandro Fuenmayor, Philippe Senderos, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Eric Alexander, Tomás Martínez, Boniek García; Romell Quioto, Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis
- DF DaMarcus Beasley will make his 99th appearance in league competition with the Dynamo, which will be the most for any club in his legendary career. Beasley played 98 league games with the Chicago Fire from 2000-04, 56 with PSV Eindhoven from 2004-07, 18 on loan with Manchester City from 2006-07, 30 for Glasgow Rangers from 2007-10, four for Hannover 96 from 2010-11, and 92 for Puebla from 2011-14.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- FW Mauro Manotas scored two goals in the game, marking the fourth time in his career that he scored multiple goals in a game, and his first since May 6, 2017 vs. Orlando.
- With his second goal, Manotas tied Dynamo legend Dwayne De Rosario for sixth on the club’s all-time scoring list with 24 career strikes.
- Manotas his seventh goal of the season when he picked up a pass from MF Tomás Martínez 35 yards from goal and drove into the box before firing a low left-footed shot into the net in the second minute.
- Manotas scored his second goal of the match and eighth of the season when he tapped in a square pass from DF DaMarcus Beasley in the 45th minute.
- Manotas has scored in back-to-back games for the second time this season and the fourth time in his career.
- Manotas made his 48th career start and will play in his 79th career game.
- MF Tomás Martínez recorded his fifth assist of the season when he stole a ball 35 yards from goal in the second minute and played FW Mauro Manotas in on goal, where he coolly finished the chance.
- Martínez has now scored or assisted in eight of the 14 games he has played this season. After going six games without a goal or an assist to begin his MLS career last season, Martínez has now contributed 11 goals in his last 16 regular-season appearances.
- Martínez made his 18th career start and will play in his 23rd MLS game tonight.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley recorded his first assist of the season and third with the Dynamo when he laid off a square pass to FW Mauro Manotas, who tapped the ball into an empty net in the 45th minute.
- Beasley made his 185th MLS regular season start today and his 97th start for the Dynamo.
- FW Romell Quioto recorded his 10th assist with the club when he received a secondary assist on FW Mauro Manotas’ second goal of the match. He became the 16th player in club history to reach double digits in assists.
- Quioto took over the team lead with his seventh assist of the season.
- Quioto made his 10th start of the season and his 24th career MLS regular season start today.
- MF Eric Alexander started his 154th career game and make his 204th career appearance today.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 41st career appearance and his 33rd start today.
- DF Alejandro Fuenmayor made his ninth MLS regular season start today and his 10th appearance of the season.
- MF Boniek García made his eighth start and 13th appearance of the year today. For his career, it will be his 124th start and 153rd appearance.
- MF Luis Gil made his sixth appearance of the season for the Dynamo and the 161st of his career when he came on for FW Romell Quioto in the 72nd minute.
- DF Leonardo made his 129th career appearance and his 14th of the season when he came in as a substitute for FW Alberth Elis in the 81st minute.
- DF Adam Lundkvist made his third start with the Dynamo and his fourth consecutive appearance with the club.
- MF Memo Rodriguez made his 16th career appearance and his seventh of the season when he came on for FW Mauro Manotas in second-half stoppage time.
- DF Philippe Senderos started for the third time this season and make his fourth appearance of the year. It was Senderos’ first start since Week 2 vs. Vancouver (March 10).
- GK Joe Willis made his 10th start of the season and his 67th career MLS regular season start this evening.