- Extended Houston’s home unbeaten streak to seven consecutive games across all competitions and five straight league games.
- Improved Houston’s record to 6-6-4 on the year and 6-2-1 at home.
- Improved Houston’s record against Western Conference opponents to 3-4-3 on the year.
- The goal scored by DF Philippe Senderos in the 96th minute was the latest ever scored by the Dynamo in a regular-season contest. The previous record was a 95th-minute goal by MF Cristian Maidana on July 2, 2016 against Philadelphia.
- The Dynamo conceded the first goal of the game when Los Angeles FC scored in the fifth minute. It was the seventh time this season that the Dynamo allowed the first goal of the game, and the team is now 1-4-2 in those games.
- The Dynamo trailed at halftime, going into the locker room down 1-0 to LAFC. It was the sixth time this year that Houston was behind at intermission, and the Dynamo are now 1-3-2 in those games.
- This was the first time this season that the Dynamo rallied from a multiple goal deficit and the first time since Sept. 27, 2017 vs. the LA Galaxy, when they rallied from a 2-0 deficit and eventually drew 3-3.
- The Dynamo outshot LAFC 16-7. It marked the 10th game this year in which Houston outshot its opponent, and the team improved to 6-3-1 in those contests.
- The Dynamo have now scored at least two goals in 21 of their 25 home games under head coach Wilmer Cabrera.
- The Dynamo used their 16th different starting lineup this season. Head coach Wilmer Cabrera has used 48 different lineups in 50 games on the Dynamo sideline.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Joe Willis; Adam Lundkvist, Alejandro Fuenmayor, Philippe Senderos, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Eric Bird, Tomás Martínez, Boniek García; Romell Quioto, Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis
- Head coach Wilmer Cabrera coached his 50th regular-season game for the Dynamo this evening. Cabrera is now 19-16-15 in charge of the Dynamo.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley will make his 100th regular-season appearance for the Dynamo tonight. He becomes the 15th player in club history to hit the century mark. Beasley will also pass Wade Barrett (99) as the longest-tenured left back in club history.
STARTING XI NOTES:
- DF Philippe Senderos scored his second goal of the season when he tied the game in the 96th minute. His was the latest goal ever scored by a Dynamo player in a regular-season game.
- Senderos made his sixth MLS regular season start tonight and his fourth of the season.
- FW Mauro Manotas scored in the 93rd minute to surpass Dwayne De Rosario (24) for sole possession of sixth on the club’s all-time scoring list.
- Manotas’ goal was his 31st across all competitions, which tied him with MF Ricardo Clark for sixth in the club’s all-time scoring list in all competitions.
- Manotas extended his personal scoring streak to three consecutive games, which is the longest such streak in his career.
- Manotas made his 49th career start and his 80th career appearance.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley recorded an assist in his second consecutive game when he set up FW Mauro Manotas’ goal in the 93rd minute, marking the fourth time in his MLS career that he’s done so and the first time since Oct. 1 and 4, 2003 with Chicago, at Colorado and vs. the LA Galaxy.
- Beasley has recorded multiple assists in a season for the first time since 2004 with Chicago and for the sixth time in his MLS career.
- Beasley made his 198th MLS regular season appearance tonight and his 98th start for the Dynamo.
- FW Alberth Elis recorded his 10th career assist for the club, which made him the 12th player in club history to record double-digit assists in a career.
- Elis will make his 42nd career appearance and his 34th start today.
- Elis has now recorded a goal or an assist 15 times in 16 games this season and in 11 of 16 games.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 11th start of the season and the 25th of his career tonight.
- Quioto recorded his 10th career assist with the Dynamo in regular-season play, becoming the 16th player in club history to reach double digits in assists.
- Quioto has now recorded an assist in back-to-back games three times this season.
- MF Eric Bird started for the second time in the last four games and made his second career appearance.
- MF Darwin Cerén made his 10th appearance of the year when he came on for MF Eric Bird in the 58th minute. Cerén returned to the pitch for the first time in six games after suffering a knee injury on May 11.
- DF Alejandro Fuenmayor made his 10th start and his 11th appearance of the season tonight.
- MF Boniek García made his 125th career start and his seventh in a row. It was his 14th appearance of the season and the 154th of his career.
- MF Luis Gil made his seventh appearance for the Dynamo the 162nd of his career when he came on for MF Tomás Martínez in the 78th minute.
- DF Adam Lundkvist made his fourth start tonight and played in his fifth game of the season tonight.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his 19th career start and appeared in his 24th MLS game tonight.
- MF Memo Rodriguez made his 17th career appearance when he came on for MF Boniek García in the 73rd minute.
- GK Joe Willis made his 11th start of the season and the 68th of his career.
- Willis improve his record this season to 6-4-2.