- Dropped Houston’s record to 7-12-7 on the year and 1-7-4 on the road.
- Dropped Houston’s record against Eastern Conference squads to 4-5-1 on the year.
- Moved Houston’s all-time record against the New York Red Bulls to 5-12-8 all-time.
- The Dynamo won the time of possession battle in the game, holding the ball or 50.9 percent of the match. It was the ninth time this year that Houston had more of the ball than their opponents, and the second game in a row, and the Dynamo are now 3-4-2 in those matches.
- The Dynamo used their 24th different starting lineup in 25 matches. In nearly two years in charge of the Dynamo, head coach Wilmer Cabrera has used 56 different lineup combinations in 59 games.
- The Dynamo and Red Bulls were tied 0-0 going into halftime. It was the 13th time this season that the Dynamo were level with their opponent at intermission, and they are now 2-7-4 in those games.
- The Dynamo conceded the game’s first goal when New York scored in the 55th minute. It was the 13th time this year that Houston allowed the game’s opening goal, and they are now 1-8-4 in those games.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Chris Seitz; Kevin Garcia, Adolfo Machado, Leonardo ©, Adam Lundkvist; Eric Bird, Luis Gil, Eric Alexander; Alberth Elis, Ronaldo Peña, Memo Rodriguez
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- MF Eric Alexander made his 19th start and 20th appearance of the year. For his career, it was his 160th start and 211th appearance in MLS regular-season play.
- MF Arturo Alvarez appeared in his 251st MLS regular season game when he came in for FW Alberth Elis in the 75th minute.
- MF Eric Bird made his third MLS regular season start.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 50th career appearance and his 41st start.
- DF Kevin Garcia made his fifth start of the season and his eighth appearance of the year.
- MF Luis Gil made his 101st career start in MLS regular-season play and saw action in his 166th MLS game. It was Gil’s third start with the Dynamo since he joined the club in April.
- DF Leonardo made his 17th start of the season and his 46th start in league play for the Dynamo.
- Leonardo wore the captain’s armband for the fourth time this season and first time since July 14 at Colorado.
- DF Adam Lundkvist made his ninth start of the season and made his 11th MLS appearance.
- DF Adolfo Machado made his 17th start of the season and his 19th appearance.
- FW Mauro Manotas made his 89th MLS regular season appearance when he came on for FW Ronaldo Peña in the 67th minute.
- FW Ronaldo Peña made his first MLS start and appeared in his fifth consecutive match.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 48th career appearance when he came on for MF Luis Gil in the 58th minute.
- FW Memo Rodriguez made his 26th career appearance and his seventh start.
- GK Chris Seitz made his 102nd career start in MLS regular-season play and his sixth with the Dynamo.