- Improved Houston’s record to 8-13-8 on the year.
- Improved Houston’s record away from home to 1-8-5 on the year.
- Upped the Dynamo’s record against Eastern Conference foes to 4-5-2 this season.
- Kept the all-time series between Houston and Orlando level, moving the record to 1-1-2 between the clubs.
- The Dynamo posted their fifth clean sheet of the year and improved to 3-0-2 when shutting out their opponent.
- Houston and Orlando City were tied 0-0 at halftime. It was the 14th time this season that the Dynamo were tied with their opponent at intermission, and they are now 2-7-5 in those games.
- The Dynamo are now 0-5-2 this season when failing to find the back of the net.
- The Dynamo utilized their 28th different starting lineup combination in 29 games this year. Dating back to last season, Dynamo manger Wilmer Cabrera has used 62 different lineups in 63 matches on the Houston touchline.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Joe Willis; Andrew Wenger, Kevin Garcia, Alejandro Fuenmayor, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Juan David Cabezas, Tomás Martínez, Darwin Cerén; Alberth Elis, Mauro Manotas, Romell Quioto
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- GK Joe Willis recorded his 15th clean sheet in MLS regular-season play and his fourth of the season.
- Willis made his 80th career start in MLS regular-season play and his 58th with the Dynamo.
- MF Arturo Alvarez appeared in his 16th game for the Dynamo and made his 253rd career appearance when he came on for FW Mauro Manotas in the 82nd minute.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley made his 22nd start of the season, his 106th with the Dynamo and the 194th of his MLS career.
- MF Juan David Cabezas returned to the Starting XI for the first time since OpeninG Day against Atlanta United, when he left the match after just 15 minutes with a quadriceps injury.
- Cabezas made his second start and fourth appearance of the year, and the 27th start and 31st appearance of his MLS career.
- MF Darwin Cerén made his 16th start and 20th appearance of the year. For his career, it was 83rd start and 95th appearance in MLS regular-season play.
- Cerén made his second appearance and his first start against the club that he broke into MLS with. He previously came on as a substitute against Orlando on May 17, 2017 with San Jose.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 53rd career appearance and his 43rd start.
- DF Alejandro Fuenmayor made his 18th start of the season and his 19th appearance.
- MF Boniek García made his 165th appearance for the Dynamo and his 25th of the year when he came on for MF Juan David Cabezas to start the second half.
- DF Kevin Garcia made his sixth start of the season and the eighth of his career.
- FW Mauro Manotas made his 59th career start and his 92nd career appearance.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his 31st career start and his 36th appearance in MLS play.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 23rd start and 29th appearance of the year. For his career, it was his 36th start and 50th appearance in MLS regular-season play.
- FW Ronaldo Peña made his seventh appearance of the year when he came on for FW Alberth Elis in the 79th minute.
- FW Andrew Wenger made his 19th start of the season, his 55th with the Dynamo and the 114th of his MLS career.