On September 1st, 2020, BBVA Stadium will join #WeMakeEvents, a coalition of trade bodies, businesses, unions, and live events workers, as they light up their venues, homes, and cities red in over 1,500 locations across North America to raise public and media awareness in support of the live events sector. The Stadium's interior LED panels and video boards, along with the exterior marquee, will be lit red from 9 p.m. - midnight.
It is important to know that:
- Live events employ over 12 million people.
- Live events contributes over $1 trillion annually to the US economy.
- 95% of live events have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
- 96% of companies have cut staff and/or wages.
- 77% of people in the live events industry have lost 100% of their income, including 97% of 1099 workers.
#RedAlert will only jump-start relief for the live events industry with mass participation. We need industry workers, venues, fans, and artists to all unite for the cause of saving the places we love.
Please spread the word far and wide, and prepare to take action on September 1. For more information, CLICK HERE.