- Dropped the Dynamo’s record on the season to 10-10-8 overall and 1-9-5 on the road.
- Dropped Houston’s record against San Jose to 2-1-0 this season.
- Dropped Houston’s record against San Jose to 11-8-2 all-time and 4-6-1 in San Jose.
- The Dynamo utilized their 26th different starting lineup in 28 matches this season.
- For the first time this season, the Dynamo did not utilize all of their subs.
- The Dynamo trailed at halftime for the seventh time this season. Houston is now 0-5-2 this season when down at intermission.
- The Dynamo conceded the first goal of the game for the 12th time this season and fell to 1-10-1 in those games.
- The Dynamo were even on shots with San Jose, 15-15. It marked only the second time this season that the Dynamo were even on shots with their opponent, and they are 0-1-1 in those games. The other time was a 2-2 draw against the Portland Timbers on March 18.
- San Jose held the edge in possession, holding the ball for 52.1 percent of the game. It marked the 22nd time this season that Houston had less possession than its opponent, and the Dynamo dropped to 10-5-7 in those games.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Tyler Deric; A.J. DeLaGarza, Adolfo Machado, Leonardo, DaMarcus Beasley (C); Juan David Cabezas, Boniek García, Tomás Martínez; Alberth Elis, Erick Torres, Romell Quioto
STARTING XI NOTES:
- GK Tyler Deric made his 74th career start tonight and his 20th of the season. This game was Deric’s 75th career appearance.
- DF A.J. DeLaGarza made his 24th appearance of the season and the 220th of his MLS career tonight.
- DF Adolfo Machado made his 28th consecutive start. He is the only player on the team to have started every game this season.
- Machado played all 90 minutes for the 28th consecutive match. He and New York City FC defender Alexander Callens are the only field players in the league who have played every minute for their clubs this year.
- DF Leonardo played in his 23rd game of the season and the 102nd of his MLS career tonight.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley made his 81st start with the Dynamo tonight and his 169th of his MLS career.
- MF Juan David Cabezas made his 22nd start of the year and had his 23rd appearance.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his first start for the Houston Dynamo tonight and his fifth consecutive appearance with the team.
- Martínez received his first yellow card when he committed a foul on San Jose midfielder Vako in the 52nd minute.
- MF Boniek García went the full 90 minutes and led the team in touches (79), passes attempted (59) and tackles (seven). His 88.1 completion percentage was second on the team among players with at least 20 attempts.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 15th start of the season tonight and his 21st appearance of the year.
- Elis received his seventh yellow card of the season when he committed a foul on midfielder San Jose defender Florian Jungwirth in the 81st minute.
- FW Romell Quioto made his 11th start of the season and his 18th appearance of the season.
- FW Erick Torres made his 72nd career start tonight and his 21st start of the season.
- FW Vicente Sánchez made his 15th appearance of the season and 70th of his MLS career when he came in for MF Tomás Martínez in the 70th minute.
- FW Mauro Manotas made his 27th appearance of the season and 58th with the Dynamo when he came in for FW Romell Quioto in the 77th minute.