- Improved the Dynamo’s record on the season to 10-10-9 overall and 1-9-6 on the road
- Improved the Houston’s record against New York City FC to 0-1-2 and 0-0-2 on the road
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Tyler Deric; A.J. DeLaGarza, Adolfo Machado, Leonardo, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Juan David Cabezas, Boniek García, Tomás Martínez; Mauro Manotas, Vicente Sánchez, Alex
- The Dynamo conceded the first goal of the game for the 13th time this season. Houston is now 1-10-2 this season when allowing the game’s first goal.
- The Dynamo were tied at halftime for the ninth time this season. Houston is now 0-4-6 on the year when tied at intermission.
- New York City FC outshot the Dynamo, 17-11. It marked the 11th time this season that the Dynamo were outshot by their opponent, and they improved to 2-4-5 in those games.
- New York City held the edge in possession, holding the ball for 61.6 percent of the game. It marked the 23rd time this season that Houston had less possession than its opponent, and the Dynamo improved to 10-5-8 in those games.
- The Dynamo did not have any offside calls against them for the ninth time this season, and the Dynamo improved to 2-3-4 in those games.
- Every time FW Mauro Manotas scores, the Dynamo finish with a positive result. The Dynamo improved to 4-0-3 when the Colombian scores.
- The Dynamo utilized their 27th different starting lineup in 29 matches this season.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER NOTES:
- FW Mauro Manotas scored his ninth goal of the season when he ran onto a through ball from FW Vicente Sánchez off of a quick restart in the 16th minute and found the back of the net.
- The goal was Manotas’ 15th with the Dynamo in MLS regular-season play, tying him with Stuart Holden for seventh on the club’s all-time MLS scoring list.
- Manotas started his 21st game of the season and the 31st of his career today.
- Manotas is one goal away to reach 10 in a season for the first time in his career after scoring today.
- FW Vicente Sánchez registered his second assist of the season with a crafty veteran move in the 16th minute. After MF Alex was fouled outside the box, Sánchez opted for a quick restart and slipped FW Mauro Manotas in behind the New York back line for a goal.
- Sánchez started his second game of the season and made his 16th appearance of the year.
- MF Eric Alexander made his first appearance since May 6 vs. Orlando City when he came into the game for MF Boniek García in the 52nd minute.
- MF Alex started his 24th game of the season and the 110th of his MLS career today. He started as a forward for the first time this season.
- Alex surpassed 2,000 minutes played in a season for the second time in his career and the second year in a row. He reached the milestone in the 43rd minute of this afternoon’s contest.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley started his 82nd game with the Dynamo today and the 170th of his MLS career.
- MF Juan David Cabezas made his 23rd start and 24th appearance of the season today.
- DF A.J. DeLaGarza started his 25th game of the season and the 221st of his MLS career today.
- GK Tyler Deric started his 75th career start tonight and his 21st of the season.
- Deric improved his record as a starter to 25-27-2 with the tie today.
- Deric had his second-busiest day of the season with six saves.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 22nd appearance of the year and his seventh off the bench when he came into the game for FW Vicente Sánchez in the 65th minute.
- MF Boniek García made his 116th start with the Dynamo and his 12th of the season.
- DF Leonardo started his 24th game of the season and the 103rd of his MLS career today.
- DF Adolfo Machado started his 29th consecutive game. He is the only player on the team to have started every game this season.
- Machado played all 90 minutes for the 29th consecutive match. He and New York City FC defender Alexander Callens are the only field players in the league who have played every minute for their clubs this year.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his second consecutive start and his sixth consecutive appearance with the team.
- FW Andrew Wenger made his 19th appearance of the season and his 51st with the Dynamo when he came in as a substitute for Alex in the 73rd minute.