- Gave the Dynamo a final record of 8-6-3 at BBVA Compass Stadium for the season.
- Dropped Houston’s overall record on the season to 9-16-8.
- Dropped Houston’s all-time record against Seattle Sounders FC to 4-8-6 overall and 4-1-4 in Houston.
MILESTONES & RECORDS:
- MF Boniek García recorded his 40th career assist in all competitions for the club, which ranks second in team history. He trails only Brad Davis, who had 120 in all competitions from 2006-15.
- DF Kevin Garcia scored his first career goal.
- FW Romell Quioto became the second player in Dynamo history to record 12 or more assists in a single MLS season, joining MF Brad Davis who did so four times (2009-12), when he set up a goal by FW Mauro Manotas in the 89th minute.
- The Dynamo outshot Seattle, 22-15, on the night. It was the 15th time this season that the Dynamo had more shots than their opponents, and they are now 8-5-2 in those games.
- Houston had more possession than Seattle, holding the ball for 53.6 percent of the match. It was the 12th time this year that they saw more of the ball than their opponent, and they are now 4-5-3 in those contests.
- The Dynamo only used one substitution in the game tonight. It was the fewest substitutions used by head coach Wilmer Cabrera since he took charge of the team in 2017 and only the third time in 67 regular-season games on the Dynamo bench that he did not use all three substitutions.
- Seattle scored the game’s opening goal when DF Chad Marshall headed in a corner kick in the 26th minute. It was the 18th game this season in which the Dynamo conceded the opening goal, and they are now 3-11-4 in those games.
- The Dynamo trailed Seattle 1-0 at halftime. It was the 10th time this year that the Dynamo were behind at intermission, and they are now 2-6-2 in those games.
DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-3-3):
- Tyler Deric; A.J. DeLaGarza, Alejandro Fuenmayor, Kevin Garcia, DaMarcus Beasley ©; Eric Bird, Tomás Martínez, Boniek García; Alberth Elis, Mauro Manotas, Romell Quioto
STARTING XI NOTES:
- DF Kevin Garcia scored his first career goal when he headed home a corner kick from MF Boniek García in the 64th minute.
- Garcia was a late addition to the Starting XI when DF Philippe Senderos suffered a left hamstring injury during pregame warmups. It was Garcia’s 10th start of the season and his 14th appearance.
- FW Mauro Manotas scored his 17th goal of the season, extending his club record, when he headed home a pass from FW Romell Quioto in the 89th minute.
- Manotas made his 63rd career start and appeared in his 96th career game.
- MF Boniek García recorded his 40th career assist for the Dynamo across all competitions when his corner kick found DF Kevin Garcia for a goal in the 64th minute.
- García made his 20th start and 28th appearance of the year. It was the 136th start and 168th appearance of his career in MLS regular-season play.
- FW Romell Quioto recorded his 15th assist in MLS regular-season play and his team-high 12th of the season when FW Mauro Manotas flicked his shot inside the post for a goal in the 89th minute. He moved into a tie for eighth on the club’s all-time assist list with Geoff Cameron on 15.
- Quioto made his 24th start and 31st appearance of the year. For his career, it was his 36th start and 50th appearance in MLS regular-season play.
- MF Arturo Alvarez made his 18th appearance for the Dynamo and the 255th of his MLS career when he came on for MF Eric Bird in the 86th minute.
- DF DaMarcus Beasley led all players in the game with 79 total touches and 59 passes attempted. His 55 completed passes were more than any other player on either team attempted during the game.
- Beasley made his 25th start of the season, his 109th with the Dynamo and the 197th of his MLS career.
- MF Eric Bird made his fourth start for the Dynamo and his sixth career appearance.
- DF A.J. DeLaGarza made his third start of the season, his 33rd with the Dynamo and the 229th of his MLS career.
- GK Tyler Deric made his second start of the season and his 82nd career start in MLS regular-season play.
- FW Alberth Elis made his 55th career appearance and his 44th start.
- DF Alejandro Fuenmayor made his 20th start of the season and his 21st appearance.
- MF Tomás Martínez made his 35th career start and appeared in his 40th career MLS regular-season game.