Houston Dynamo fans take note, BBVA Compass Stadium will offer an unprecedented variety of flavors and views this season, thanks to significant renovations of the stadium’s south concourse in a joint effort between the Dynamo and hospitality partner Levy Restaurants.
This upcoming season, Dynamo fans will experience the “Taste of EaDo” thanks to the addition of locally-inspired restaurant concepts with international flair, a bar with the best field view in Major League Soccer, and beverages from breweries around Houston and the world.
The Taste of EaDo takes on the name of the neighborhood that the Dynamo call home and each of the food offerings takes its inspiration from the bars and restaurants that surround the stadium.
“We are focused on making big changes throughout the organization, and these improvements are representative of that.” said Dynamo President Chris Canetti. “The Taste of EaDo is designed to substantially upgrade our offerings while providing an experience that embodies our city and culture. The project is a collaborative effort between the Dynamo and Levy Restaurants and exemplifies the power of a true partnership.”
The renovated space will make its debut at the Dynamo’s season opener on Saturday, March 4 when Houston hosts defending MLS Cup Champion Seattle Sounders FC. Tickets for that match, and all other matches this season, start at $25 and are available at HoustonDynamo.com, by phone at 713-276-GOAL or at the BBVA Compass Stadium box office. Season tickets for the entire 2017 home campaign are also available, starting at $310, and 5- and 10-game plans are available starting at $115.
New concepts from the renovations include:
- Tecate Social: A four-sided bar will be there to serve fans before, during and after the game as a focal point of socializing on the concourse.
- Taste of EaDo: A full renovation of the south concourse, Taste of EaDo is a means to bring the community of EaDo to BBVA Compass Stadium, with "tastes" like:
- HTX International Market: A walk-in market featuring everything from sandwiches to ice cream to more than 20 international beers and wines.
- 713 Taqueria: Tex-Mex street tacos with an authentic Houston flair serving nachos, chips and salsa, and El Jimador margaritas.
- Diggity Dawgs: Offers hot dogs in various styles, highlighted by a two-foot Colombian style hot dog – perfect for sharing with family or friends!
- H-Town Grill: This grill serves up hand-crafted burgers and fresh cut fries made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Pitch Side Pub: A wide assortment of beer highlighting local, national and international breweries and their associated brewers, along with homemade Bavarian pretzels with various dipping sauces
- East End Ice House: This ice house brings the tailgate vibe to the stadium with its covered, cooled, highly energetic ice house complete with outdoor games, bar and outdoor seating
“Our research tapped into fan feedback, touring MLS stadiums and immersing ourselves in Houston venues and experiences,” said Alison Weber, Chief Creative Officer of Levy’s experience design company Curiology. “What we found was that Dynamo fans want authentic experiences they can make their own, chief among them dining options that celebrate the diversity and pride in Houston culture.”